Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Women Are The Truth Powers in This World!

I feel and know that Power lies in women who have the ability to rebuke evil even if it means harm to them. Women seek to overpower injustice in order to better human-kind. Throughout History, women have stepped up as protectors, providers, and teachers and used their femininity and masculinity powers to ‘Make It Happen.’ This article talks about my personal views on the powerfulness of women.


I will start off with Ruth’s story has written in the Old Testament:


- "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you star I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me."


Ruth 1:16, 17


It is an interesting story that not mention a lot, again seeking to diminish the power of women. The fidelity of a Moabite widowed woman (Ruth) had for the widowed Mother-In-Law, (Naomi). Ruth stood up for courage when women were considered as property. If a husband dies, the wife becomes property of his brother or son. Ruth however fought for ‘freedom’ and sought to stay with Naomi for life. She became one our first female sheros. In my own voyage as a woman, I’m empowered to be the woman whom I seek to be.

I studied the lives and works of powerful women such as – Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Ida B. Wells, Josephine Baker, Billie Holiday, Past Presidents of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority: Dorothy I. Heights and Mon Humphries Bailey, Congresswomen Shirley Chisholm, Barbara Jordon, Barbara Lee, Yolanda King, Frida Kahlo, Benazir Butto, S. Epatha Merkerson and my ultimate Shero, Angela Davis.


Sheroes have dedicated their lives to provide opportunities for women and children to reach their goals. These women across the world are reaching their goals and potential through networking, teaching, mentoring to provide the necessary education to be successful.

Women will always determine the course of events and forms of the human culture. Throughout history and in today’s time, women continue to govern equal rights and to continue developing human culture. They will love with their hearts and souls with the aid of their informative intellectual minds. The power of women will no longer be footnotes of footnotes. Time has changed (and been changing). Engaged women will always openly embrace the feminist power on global perspectives. They will continue to emerge into positions of influence. The work transitions are not just only for individuals, but for society as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment